Corporate Sponsorship Sales Representative
Position: Corporate Sponsorship Sales Representative
Location: Pittston, PA
Work Type: Full Time
Experience the flexible and rewarding work environment you always wanted.
Work on a team that puts community first.
Wake up; be eager to get to work.
What are you waiting for?
Take the first step to join the WVIA Public Media team.
We have a corporate sponsorship sales opportunity available at WVIA!
WVIA is seeking a high-energy and persuasive sales professional to join our corporate sponsorship team. As a corporate sponsorship sales representative you will be responsible for the sale of radio and TV sponsorship messages, digital media and events. This is an outside sales position where you will manage an active account list and have a focus on developing new business.
Summary of Corporate Sponsorship Sales
You will be expected to contact local, regional, and national corporations to raise sponsorship dollars to achieve new and renewal revenue objectives. Meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life cycle sales position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy, closely monitor accounts receivable, and of course service accounts.
The mission of WVIA Public Media is to be a catalyst, convener and educator, using media, partnerships, powerful ideas and programs to improve lives and advance the best attributes of an enlightened society. For nearly 50 years, WVIA Public Media has been committed to public service in our region. Today, WVIA continues to expand its commitment to build positive outcomes in addressing the critical needs of our region; to educate those in need; and highlight those making a difference in our communities.
In order to represent WVIA this position requires:
- Passion for the product. Are you a big fan of NPR? Of PBS? Knowledgeable about WVIA programming? Do you understand public broadcasting’s mission?
- Relationship building. Do you have the ability to build rapport with people face-to-face and virtually to achieve business relationships that are credible and trustworthy?
- Thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communications skills. Do you have experience creating credible and professional visual presentations and proposals?
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- The ability to secure new business by using a disciplined sales process. Can you create a sales plan and execute it?
- Time and goal management. Do you manage time and resources, prioritize effectively and achieve set goals?
- A collaborative personality. Do you value communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight?
When applying for this position please submit ONE document containing: (1) a letter explaining your interest and how your skills are aligned to WVIA and this position and (2) your resume. This is your opportunity to sell us on being a strong candidate for this position!
Please Send Resume to: WVIA Corporate Sponsorship Position - c/o Ron Prislupski 100 WVIA Way Pittston, PA 18640 or firstname.lastname@example.org