WVIA 4-Day Family Event at Lackawanna Coal Mine & Anthracite Heritage Museum
Saturday, November 3rd & 10th, Sunday, November 4th & 11th, 10a - 2p
Present WVIA Member Card or Valid ID for Free Admissions.
Descend slowly into the earth in a Mine Car as you enter the Lackawanna County Coal Mine where the temperature is a constant 53 degrees year round. There are no remaining active deep mines in the area, so you are literally “going down in history”. The Anthracite Heritage Museum tells the story of the people who came from Europe to work in the Anthracite Mining and Textiles Industries.
Directons To McDade Park In Scranton
From The North
- Take Route 81 South to Exit 191B (formerly Exit 57B).
- Take the McDade Expressway to the Keyser Avenue Exit.
- Take a right onto Keyser Avenue and go 3 miles and follow the signs to McDade Park.
From The South
- Take Route 81 North to Exit 182 (formerly Exit 51).
- Turn left at first traffic light and go to next light on Davis Street.
- Go left onto Davis St. and continue 3 miles (Davis Street turns into Union Street after the river).
- Take a right at Keyser Avenue and go 2 miles. The Coal Mine Tour and McDade Park are on the left.
From The Southeast
- Take PA Turnpike (Northeast Extension 476 North) to Exit 122.
- Take left off exit ramp to the traffic light.
- Turn right onto Keyser Avenue and go 2 miles. The Coal Mine Tour and McDade Park are on the left.
If You Contributed
You Will Receive
2 Free Admissions
4 Free Admissions
6 Free Admissions
12 Free Admissions