Support - Member Benefits
WVIA Member Benefits
We appreciate our members, and our annual Family Days are a big way we show it. Through the support and generosity of the participating businesses we are able to provide these great events for our members - free! Bring your member card with you to check-in at any of our WVIA Family Days, such as our Ski Days and WVIA Family Day at Knoebels Amusement Resort.
In addition, WVIA offers many discounts to regional events and more. Check this page often to stay up-to-date on the benefits of your membership.
For a full list of the basic benefits included in every WVIA Membership, please download this brochure (1.2 MB) .
Sesame Street Live Discount
WVIA Sesame Street Live Member Discount
Sesame Street Live "Elmo Makes Music" is coming to the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes Barre. WVIA Members can receive a $3.00 discount off regular price tickets for the following performances:
- Friday, September 9th: 10:30am
- Saturday, September 10th: 10:30am & 2:00pm
- Sunday, September 11th: 2:00pm
Obtain discount by showing valid WVIA Member Card at the Mohegan Sun Arena box office.
Tickets may also be ordered by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-300 or ticketmaster.com using password WVIA44.
Discount not valid for Gold Circle seating, Sunny seats, or the 6:30pm performance on Friday, September 9th.
To find out about WVIA's exclusive ticket offer for Sesame Street live,.
Fall 2016 WVIA Family Event
WVIA Family Event at the Lackawanna County Coal Mine and Anthracite Heritage Museum
- Saturday, November 5th and November 12th from 10am to 2pm
- Sunday, November 6th and November 13th from 10am to 2pm
Present WVIA Member Card or Valid ID for Free Admissions.
Descend slowly into the earth in a Mine Car as you enter the Lackawanna County Coal Mine where the temperature is a constant 53 degrees year round. There are no remaining active deep mines in the area, so you are literally “going down in history”. The Anthracite Heritage Museum tells the story of the people who came from Europe to work in the Anthracite Mining and Textiles Industries.
Directions to McDade Park in Scranton:
FROM THE NORTH
- Take Route 81 South to Exit 191B (formerly Exit 57B).
- Take the McDade Expressway to the Keyser Avenue Exit.
- Take a right onto Keyser Avenue and go 3 miles and follow the signs to McDade Park.
FROM THE SOUTH
- Take Route 81 North to Exit 182 (formerly Exit 51).
- Turn left at first traffic light and go to next light on Davis Street.
- Go left onto Davis St. and continue 3 miles (Davis Street turns into Union Street after the river).
- Take a right at Keyser Avenue and go 2 miles. The Coal Mine Tour and McDade Park are on the left.
FROM THE SOUTHEAST
- Take PA Turnpike (Northeast Extension 476 North) to Exit 122.
- Take left off exit ramp to the traffic light.
- Turn right onto Keyser Avenue and go 2 miles. The Coal Mine Tour and McDade Park are on the left.
Number of WVIA Member Admissions:
If You Contributed:
You Will Receive:
2 Free Admissions
4 Free Admissions
6 Free Admissions
12 Free Admissions