Episode 2: Build & Grow Green premieres Thursday, October 27th at 7p on WVIA-TV. Learn more here.
Students and faculty find passion and purpose where real lives intersect in a real Working Class.
Classrooms that connect learning with real work experiences give students the opportunity to explore vibrant career fields and to find areas of interest in which they can make an impact in the real world.
In a Working Class, history provides clues for solving present-day challenges, math explains the mystery behind technology, and communication help us work together to build rich and rewarding lives.
The Working Class documentary series connects teachers, parents and students to resources that relate technology, career awareness, and practical, hands-on activities to math, science, reading, and writing education.
Produced by Pennsylvania College of Technology and WVIA Public Media, the series presents 60-minute films, as well as online video, activities, and resources that relate to:
- EPISODE 1: Design (graphic, web and interactive, architectural, engineering and industrial)
- EPISODE 2: Natural resources, energy and sustainability
- EPISODE 3: Computers, electronics and information technology
- EPISODE 4: Automotive, aviation, collision repair/restoration, diesel and heavy equipment technologies
- EPISODE 5: Engineering technologies, manufacturing and construction
- EPISODE 6: Business, health, human and legal services
The series was inspired by audience response to the Telly-Award winning documentary Working Class: 100 Years of Hands-on Education produced in conjunction with Penn College’s centennial anniversary.
Visit the Working Class website at workingclass.tv
Working class is produced by WVIA Public Media and the Pennsylvania College of Technology