Volunteer and Events Coordinator
Director of Membership
The Volunteer and Events Coordinator will organize the planning, coordination, and execution of VIA community and station events and is responsible for recruiting and training individuals and groups of volunteers to support station operations, community outreach, and other mission focused initiatives. In addition, this individual serves as a part of the station’s Member Services team.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Oversee site logistics, budgets, lists, data management, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site surveys, and all administrative elements associated with each event.
- Collaborate with communications team to design creative promotional plans.
- Oversee on site setup, staffing, execution, and breakdown of events.
- Work closely with partners and vendors for event implementation.
- Oversee invitations, tickets, guest lists, and reply systems.
- Research and maintain resource/partner lists including but not limited to venues, vendors, and in kind donors.
- Maintain event budgets and reports.
- Implement and manage a comprehensive volunteer recruitment, training and recognition program for the large and diverse volunteer needs of the organization
- Schedule volunteers for pledge drives, interdepartmental projects, station events, administrative tasks and other station support
- Train and supervise volunteers
- Create and implement volunteer appreciation events
- Maintain accurate records and provide statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation
- Consult and contribute to on-air recruitment campaign videos to promote volunteering at VIA Public Media
- Assist with member and public inquiries and concerns via telephone, mail, email, and in person.
- Contribute to on-air pledge drives as necessary.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities within the Membership Department.
- Participate in regular team strategy and update meetings.
- Schedule and implement VIA station tours.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and other communications skills
- Proficiency in office computer software
- Proficiency in social media
- Strong teamwork commitment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, complete tasks within budget and time
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or related field
- Experience in recruiting and managing volunteers preferred
- Experience in event planning for a nonprofit preferred
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Travel is required for this position
- Required clearances may include: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal History Background Check
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please submit resume and cover letter by Friday, February 14th to:
VIA Volunteer and Events Coordinator
c/o Sarah Marie Thomas
100 WVIA Way Pittston, PA 18640
or by email to email@example.com (please list position you are applying for in the subject line of your email).
“VIA Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer”