Jobs & Internships
Choose a career with a purpose.
WVIA has been serving the community through public TV and radio broadcasting for over 40 years.
WVIA Mission Statement:
People change and lives improve when powerful ideas challenge us. WVIA Public Media is a regional catalyst, convener and educator, using media, partnerships, ideas and programs to advance the best attributes of an enlightened society.
WVIA is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability (mental and/or physical), age, genetic information, and prior EEO activity.
Current Employment Opportunities:
WVIA is a dynamic and progressive public broadcasting company dedicated to providing unique educational and entertaining content to our communities. We are currently seeking a similarly dynamic and experienced Controller with impeccable character who is completely dedicated to meeting the needs of our members and working cooperatively and collaboratively with our executive management team and Board of Directors. As all of WVIA's employees, the Controller will be an ambassador for WVIA, be charismatic and articulate, energetic and lead by example. The right candidate will also be totally committed to developing a strong working relationship with the executive management team and WVIA's Board of Directors, which requires that the Controller be able to take direction as well as delegate to and direct the work of talented and dedicated financial department staff. Our new Controller shall ensure WVIA's financial integrity and fiscal compliance with all laws and regulations and have development experience with internal controls.
Five years of proven finance department and management experience success required. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required, CPA or MBA preferred but not required. Prior non-profit finance and accounting experience preferred, prior public broadcasting finance and accounting experience is even better! Computer and technology proficiency demanded, of course. This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
Please Send Resume to: WVIA Controller Position - c/o Sarah Marie Thomas 100 WVIA Way Pittston, PA 18640 or email@example.com
Resume deadline is April 15, 2015. WVIA is an EEO/AA employer.
Position: Membership Representative – Call Center
Work Type: Part-Time
Location: Pittston, PA
- Customer Service Skills
- Calling Outbound WVIA Media WVIA-FM and WVIA-TV Membership leads
- Provide Good Verbal Communication Skills with WVIA Public Media Members
- Responsible for Daily Call Center Procedures
- Responsible for A Monthly Goal.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing Monthly Goals.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Must have good telephone skills
- Maintain team professionalism
- Maintain Flexible Work Schedule
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word)
- High School (preferred but not required)
Send resume to WVIA c/o Joe Krushinsky 100 WVIA Way Pittston, PA 18640 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WVIA is an EEO/AA employer.
Position: Corporate Sponsorship Sales Representative
Location: Pittston, PA
Work Type: Full Time
- Contacting local, regional, and national corporations to raise sponsorship dollars.
- Achieving new revenue objectives.
- Achieving renewal revenue objectives.
- Aggressive prospecting with a minimum of 10 new proposals per month.
- Keeping up to date with WVIA, PBS & NPR programming and FCC/WVIA underwriting guidelines.
- Achieving thorough comprehension of proposal/packaging.
- Helping develop effective messaging for WVIA clients.
- Closely monitoring accounts receivable.
- Effectively managing time wisely and handling multiple tasks.
- Communicating regularly with manager as it relates to appointments, proposals, client updates etc.
- Participating in membership campaigns, attend development events and station member days.
- Performing other relevant tasks as assigned by manager.
Please Send Resume to: WVIA Corporate Sponsorship Position - c/o Ron Prislupski 100 WVIA Way Pittston, PA 18640 or email@example.com
Gain experience from one of the best Public Media organizations in the country.
Contact Sarah Marie Thomas via firstname.lastname@example.org or call WVIA (570)602-1162.
If you are interested in interning with WVIA TV's Production Department please contact Ben Payavis at email@example.com or (570) 602-1129.
Intern works with air staff gathering regional news, writing copy, recording and editing phone interviews, attending news conferences. Applicant should have college course experience in journalism and audio editing. Preference given to candidates that are currently or have previously been involved in their university radio station. Daytime hours available, with occasional evening and weekend hours optional.
Local TV / Live Control Room Production:
Media and Education:
Seeking one non-profit management or communications student with an interest in pursuing experience in non-profit advancement. Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the areas listed below.
Direct Mail, Database, and Prospect Management:
On-Air Pledge Drives:
Premium Gifts Management:
Volunteer Solicitation and Management:
Ready to apply for an internship at WVIA? First, carefully review
Internship Information (176.7 KB)
and then complete the following forms:
Sarah Marie Thomas