Tom Riese | WVIA NewsReporter / Producer & Host - Morning Edition
Tom Riese is a multimedia reporter and the local host for NPR's Morning Edition. He comes to NEPA by way of Philadelphia. He is a York County native who studied journalism at Temple University.
Statewide requests for court interpreters across all languages increased 20% from 2018 to 2022. In Luzerne County, requests jumped 85% over the same period.
Kat Bolus explains a foster grandparents program, Isabela Weiss highlights a veterans group turning trauma into strength, and more.
Cyclists pedaled to grocery stores throughout Scranton for a two-wheeled food drive benefiting a local youth shelter.
They never planned to get out of the food business, but after running their Scranton restaurant for five years, Gene and Miranda Philbin knew it was time for a change and a move.
Municipal races decide county commissioners, district attorneys, school boards, township supervisors and more. Learn how to look up a sample ballot for your county and find out who's running before Nov. 7.
Isabela Weiss highlights veterans in Monroe County who are helping others get a leg up, Kat Bolus takes a deep dive on Pennsylvania’s mushroom industry, and George Graham reviews the latest album by Sufjan Stevens.
More electric vehicle charging stations are coming to Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania. Officials across the country are urging the Environmental Protection Agency to recommend strict emission standards for vehicles produced through 2032.
“It helps everybody,” said Lenny Burger III, a farmer in Drums, Pa. “It helps the producers beyond me, and it helps the consumers beyond me. I’m just a piece of this puzzle.” The Food Dignity Movement partners with farms in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania to make fresh local produce more accessible.
Invitees shared concerns about case management workloads, the lack of meds for people leaving prison, prescription drug monitoring systems and licensing for recovery houses.
- Deadlines upcoming for voter registration, mail-in ballot requests
- Restaurant week in Luzerne County benefits Fork Over Love
- Monroe County partnership offers free rides to medical appointments
- October 1, 2023
- Luzerne County prison health care search ends with one bid
- Williamsport City Council to vote on city hall sale
- Will a multistate nursing agreement help Pa.'s nursing homes?
- 'Justice for Josh Taylor': family leads silent march on anniversary of son's death
- Overdose Awareness: local groups partner to educate, treat and remember
- Pike County simulation shines a light on the struggles of recovery