PennDOT announces projects in Northeast Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation officials highlighted projects that are anticipated for District 4-0 in Northeast Pennsylvania.
PennDOT says 34 miles of paving and 98 bridges will be addressed in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming counties.
Upcoming projects include bridge replacements on Green Ridge Street and Elm Street in Scranton plus along PA Route 309 in Dallas and Butler townships in Luzerne County.
Work will continue on Interstate 84 in Roaring Brook Township, according to the transportation department.
The projects will cost over $260 million.
Projects expected for 2023 include:
- Resurfacing on Route 307 (Morgan Highway) between Morgan Manor Drive, in South Abington Township, and Washington Road to Route 4024 (Winola Road) in Clarks Summit Borough, Lackawanna County;
- Bridge replacement on Township Road 437 (College Avenue) over Marcomis Creek in La Plume Township, Lackawanna County;
- Intersection Improvement Project at the intersection of Route 171 (Main Street) and Route 1003 (Jefferson Street) in Fell Township, Lackawanna County;
- Bridge replacement on Route 6011 (Green Ridge Street) over Lackawanna River in the City of Scranton, Lackawanna County;
- Bridge replacement on Route 7302 (Elm Street) Bridge over Lackawanna River in the City of Scranton, Lackawanna County;
- Bridge replacement on Route 309 (Hunter Highway) over Nescopeck Creek, in Butler Township, Luzerne County;
- Drainage, curb, and sidewalk improvements on North Main Avenue in the city of Pittston, Luzerne County;
- Bridge replacement on Route 309 (Tunkhannock Highway) over Leonards Creek in Dallas Township, Luzerne County;
- Streetscaping along Route 2002 (Main Street) and Route 3001 (Market Street) including sidewalks, curbing, plantings, signal upgrade, lighting, crosswalks, and ADA ramps in the City of Nanticoke, Luzerne County;
- New ramp on Route 115 (Bear Creek Boulevard) northbound to Interstate 81 southbound, bridge replacements on Route 115 over Interstate 81 and Route 115 over Ramp L, interchange ramp improvements in Plains and Wilkes-Barre Township, Luzerne County;
- Resurfacing on Route 6 (G.A.R Highway) from Route 434 (Shohola Road) to Route 739 and base repair on Route 6 (G.A.R Highway) from Ames Road to White Birch Drive in Palmyra Township, Pike County;
- Bridge replacement on Route 590, east and westbound at the intersection with Route 4003 (Welcome Lake Road) in Lackawaxen Township, Pike County;
- Bridge replacement on Route 1009 (Viaduct Street) over Starrucca Creek in Lanesboro Borough, Susquehanna County;
- Bridge replacement on Route 2011 (Waterford Road) over a tributary to Meshoppen Creek in Bridgewater Township, Susquehanna County;
- Bridge replacement on Route 590 (Hamlin Highway) over Jones Creek in Salem Township, Wayne County;
- Bridge rehabilitation on Route 4041 (Rock Lake Road) over Riley Creek in Preston Township, Wayne County;
- Resurfacing on Route 6 from Stanek Road to Lott Road in Meshoppen Borough and Meshoppen Township, Wyoming County; and
- Resurfacing on Route 6 from Stanek Road to the intersection of Route 87 and Route 6 in Washington Township, Wyoming County.
Projects that PennDOT will continue this year include:
- I-84 over Lackawanna Railroad and Route 435 Bridge Replacement, Roaring Brook Township, Lackawanna County;
- Extension of Route 424 Hazleton Beltway, from the Interstate 81 Exit 141 (Hazleton South Beltway) interchange to Humboldt Industrial Park, Luzerne County;
- Interstate 80 and Interstate 81 concrete pavement repairs in Luzerne County;
- Safety improvements project along Route 739, widening existing shoulder, constructing Safety Edge treatments, installing milled edge line rumble strips, and improving the existing drainage system in Blooming Grove, Pike County;
- Replace three structures on Route 706 and improve the intersection of Routes 706 and 267 while removing a structure on Route 3037 from the Bradford County line to Rush Township, Susquehanna County;
- Resurfacing of 28 miles including guide rail, drainage, pavement markings, and line painting on Route 29 from Lemon Township in Wyoming County to the New York state line, Susquehanna County;
- Bridge restoration project including superstructure replacement on Route 191 (Twin Rocks Road) in Sterling Township, Wayne County; and
- Bridge preservation project on Route 3003 (Sugar Hollow Road) over Branch Bowman's Creek, Eaton Township, Wyoming County.